HARDY’s 2020 debut album A ROCK proved a declarative introduction. American Songwriter applauded its “lyrical genius,” Billboard known as it “one of the most self-confident whole-duration debut albums in years,” becoming a member of The New York Times in naming the job to very best-of-the-calendar year lists. Earning a billion on-need album streams, paying out about 106 months on the Billboard Top rated Region Albums chart including a leading five debut, licensed gold by the RIAA, and scoring a chart-winning single or two, admirers and critics alike quickly took see of a wave of momentum as powerful and singular as the artist it was lifting.
Now, just about two several years later, HARDY is introducing the subsequent chapter of his critically acclaimed catalog. On his next full-length LP, the mockingbird & THE CROW out January 20 by using Significant Loud Data, he soars into uncharted territory, marrying region and rock in a two-aspect, 17-observe duality showcase. The “promising purveyor of holding the spirit of traditional major Southern rock alive” (American Songwriter) masterfully hones the seems and themes of equally the influences he grew up listening to and the life he grew up residing on an album not like anything at all our format has noticed right before.
“the mockingbird & THE CROW is, in my feeling, the greatest point I’ve made so far,” HARDY shares. “I had a whole lot of time to get in the weeds building this document with some of my favored people today in Nashville, and it truly captures every single section of who I am as an artist. I’m honored that I get to share it with you next calendar year can not wait around to listen to what you feel about it.”
The double-edged project was recorded amongst Ocean Way and Blackbird Studios in Nashville, completely made by Joey Moi with co-creation by HARDY and Derek Wells, and co-creation on choose tracks by David Garcia, Jordan Schmidt, Ben Johnson, Andrew Wade, Jeremy McKinnon, and Cody Quistad. Totally co-written by HARDY with a rolodex of New music Row’s best – Ashley Gorley, Rhett Akins, Hillary Lindsey, Jessie Jo Dillon, David Garcia, Hunter Phelps, Jordan Schmidt, and more – the ACM Songwriter of the Year’s “fearless…distinctive ear” (CMT) is on total exhibit throughout the 17-track sophomore exertion.
The nation rocker took to social media to surprise admirers, saying a miniature album preview available straight away, releasing three brand name new music – “here lies country music,” “the mockingbird & THE CROW,” and “TRUCK Bed.”
“here lies state music” identify drops style tropes, staple hit singles, and stereotypical pass situations to build a fictional planet exactly where region music has played its previous gig. The title keep track of transitions the document from the mockingbird to THE CROW, balancing place and rock sensibilities and pinpointing the essence of the venture. Jacked up and ready to continue to be trapped in your head, “TRUCK BED” is an addictive, twisty, rock/pop-infused banger anchored by a chorus as intelligent as it is catchy: “I woke up on the improper facet of the truck mattress this morning.”
The trio of new releases be a part of current Top rated 35 single “wait in the truck” feat. Lainey Wilson and just-dropped rock solitary “JACK” across all platforms. Hear below.
HARDY has in no way been just 1 matter not just region, not just rock. Not just a songwriter, not just an artist. He’s a myriad expertise with a reward for “synthesizing biography with imagination to generate true storytelling” (Rolling Stone). And on the mockingbird & THE CROW, he proves it.
the mockingbird & THE CROW Keep track of List
1. beer (Michael Hardy, Ashley Gorley, Ben Johnson, Hunter Phelps)
2. red feat. Morgan Wallen (Michael Hardy, Rhett Akins, Ben Hayslip, Jacob Rice)
3. hold out in the truck feat. Lainey Wilson (Michael Hardy, Renee Blair, Hunter Phelps, Jordan Schmidt) ^
4. consume a single for me (Michael Hardy, David Garcia, Hunter Phelps)
5. i in state (Michael Hardy, Smith Ahnquist, Nick Donley, Jake Mitchell, Hunter Phelps)
6. display (Michael Hardy, Jessie Jo Dillon, Matt Dragstrem, Hunter Phelps)
7. delighted (Michael Hardy)
8. in this article lies country tunes (Michael Hardy, Cole Taylor, Brett Tyler, Will Weatherly)
9. the mockingbird & THE CROW (Michael Hardy, Jordan Schmidt, Brett Tyler) ^
10. Offered OUT (Michael Hardy, David Garcia, Hunter Phelps) *
11. JACK (Michael Hardy, David Garcia, Hillary Lindsey) *
12. TRUCK Mattress (Michael Hardy, Ashley Gorley, Ben Johnson, Hunter Phelps) +
13. .30-06 (Michael Hardy, Cameron Montgomery, Hunter Phelps)
14. I AIN’T IN THE State NO Much more (Michael Hardy, David Garcia, Hillary Lindsey) *
15. RADIO Tune feat. Jeremy McKinnon (Michael Hardy, Zach Abend, Nick Donley, Jeremy McKinnon, Cody Quistad)~
16. Kill SH!T Till I DIE (Michael Hardy, David Garcia, Hunter Phelps) *
17. THE REDNECK Track (Michael Hardy, Andy Albert, Nick Donley)
All tracks manufactured by Joey Moi
All tunes co-made by Derek Wells and HARDY
* co-generated by David Garcia
^ co-made by Jordan Schmidt
+ co-created by Ben Johnson
~ co-generated by Andrew Wade, Jeremy McKinnon, and Cody Quistad