Madeline Edwards Signs With Warner Music Nashville: Exclusive – Billboard2 min read
Singer-songwriter Madeline Edwards has signed a report offer with Warner New music Nashville, the enterprise tells Billboard. The label will launch her upcoming comprehensive-size undertaking, Crashlanded, on Nov. 4.
“I’m quite psyched for this new undertaking with Warner and obtaining a partner coming along with that respects and sees my eyesight for the music,” states Edwards. “We’re about to go to the moon and it feels surreal.”
“Our group to start with achieved Madeline over Zoom and had no thought then what a pressure of character and musical powerhouse she would be when we finally noticed her in entrance of a group,” reported WMN co-president Cris Lacy. “Her depth of character and her unique point of view is particularly what our genre demands ideal now.”
“Madeline is 1 of the most plain talents we’ve ever had the privilege of functioning with,” additional WMN co-president Ben Kline. “I’m joyful to welcome her into our label loved ones and assistance amplify this amazing body of operate.”
The offer marks the most up-to-date occupation-constructing milestone for Edwards, who previously this year inked a publishing agreement with Sony Songs Publishing Nashville and released her eponymous EP in June. She’s also been opening displays on Chris Stapleton‘s All-American Street Show Tour and created her Grand Ole Opry debut on Aug. 13.
Edwards is a member of the inaugural course of the 12-thirty day period Equivalent Access Enhancement system, proven by CMT and mtheory to deliver accessibility and schooling for Black, Native and Indigenous, Latino, LGBTQ+ and female artists and managers within just the place songs industry.
Now, Edwards releases the first music from Crashlanded, “Too Significantly of a Fantastic Issue,” which she co-wrote with Ian Christian and Trannie Anderson. Edwards wrote the music the working day immediately after she located out she would be opening reveals for Stapleton.
“This track is every thing I have felt over the very last couple several years and how grateful I experience for all of it,” suggests Edwards, who provides that Crashlanded is a best title for her approaching task.
“Becoming a more powerful human being typically implies carrying out the hard thing and thinking differently than other individuals,” she states. “It can come to feel lonely and isolating, and oftentimes make you come to feel like an alien on your very own world. This album was my suggests of processing that and inviting the listener in to method it as properly in hopes that not only I would occur out of it a more powerful person, but also my listeners as properly.”
She adds, “This distinct album may possibly have been in the will work above the previous pair many years, but for me to get to this place and put out this type of entire body of perform has taken nearly a lifetime. I’m incredibly enthusiastic for everybody to listen to the stories, the musical influences, the time and the encounter that has introduced me to this moment. Crashlanded feels like my kid.”
See the tracklist for Crashlanded down below:
- “Crashlanded” (Madeline Edwards, Seth Mosley, Emily Weisband)
- “Spurs” (Madeline Edwards, Oscar Charles, Jessie Jo Dillon, Ryan Tyndell, Laura Veltz)
- “Mama, Dolly, Jesus” (Madeline Edwards, Jessie Jo Dillon, Jimmy Robbins, Laura Veltz)
- “The Major Wheel” (Madeline Edwards, Morgan Nagler, Rob Persaud)
- “Forehead Kisses” (Madeline Edwards, Emily Landis, Jamie Moore)
- “The Wolves” (Madeline Edwards, Emma-Lee Doty, Gavin Slat)
- “How Strong I Am” (Madeline Edwards, Ross Copperman, Kate York)
- “Hold My Horses” (Madeline Edwards, Klare Essad, Joy Hanna)
- “Playground” (Madeline Edwards, Luke Dick, Laura Veltz)
- “Heavy” (Madeline Edwards, Luke Dick, Jessie Jo Dillon, Laura Veltz)
- “Why I’m Calling” (Madeline Edwards, Trannie Anderson, Seth Mosley)
- “Too Substantially of a Excellent Thing” (Madeline Edwards, Trannie Anderson, Ian Christian)